It just doesn’t seem to end. Raleigh continues to be recognized for offering a superior quality of life. Forbes.com recently recognized Raleigh for being one of the most attractive places to live for the members of the Baby Boomer generation who are empty nesters. A solid Raleigh job market and the prospect of living near family has helped to lure many empty nesters to the Triangle. Of course, the city’s college sports teams (NCSU), the performing arts offerings and recreational opportunities all combine to make Raleigh an attractive place to call home. While the recent downturn in the economy has stalled the construction of luxury condos in downtown Raleigh, plans for another 2,600 residential units to the existing 5,250 condos, apartments and single-family homes are in process. Add the country’s best health care facilities and it’s no wonder Raleigh was voted the #2 place in the US to live for empty nesters.
Forbes.com Top Cities for Empty Nesters
1. Las Vegas
What are the Primary Needs of Empty Nester’s Relocating to Raleigh?
• Typically in their late 40’s to early 60’s, many empty nesters possess good health. However their good health does not preclude their need to be located near outstanding health care facilities.
• Desire to remain active. Raleigh is home to many beautiful golf courses and a wide variety of recreational facilities.
• Interested in cultural options. Raleigh offers a wide range of cultural opportunities from the North Carolina Theater, the Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts and the intimate Raleigh Little Theater
• Like the opportunity to eat out at fine dining establishments. We have you covered there!
• Shopping needs to be located nearby. There are many area shopping malls including Crabtree Valley, Triangle Town Center, North Hills, Cameron Village and Briar Creek.
• Home should be easy to maintain to allow for maximum social time. Effortless living can be obtained with a wide array of home buying choices in the Raleigh real estate market.
Smart Home Buying Investment Decisions
The Boomer generation has more buying power than any previous generation in our country’s history. As a Raleigh real estate expert, the team at the Jim Allen Group understands that your home buying decisions must be predicated on a solid investment decision. If you are relocating to Raleigh, we look forward to serving your special needs.
If you are an empty nester and you have relocated to Raleigh recently, what qualities attracted you to this area? Be the first to comment.